General Ticket Policies
- Performances begin on time. Late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager
- The theatre opens approximately 30 minutes before curtain for seating
- Seating in the Mainstage and the Historic Theatre is assigned and seating in the Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab is General Admission
- No one under the age of 5 is permitted into the theatre at Season shows. Please consult age guidelines at Theatre for Young Audiences performances.
- Please consider reading our Parental Guidance page before attending a production
- Prices subject to change
Box Office and Will Call Information
Tickets are available for purchase online here or by calling the Box Office (301-924-3400) during the hours listed below.
Wednesday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Thursday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Will call begins 1 hour before each show. Will call is located at the Box Office, in the Historic Theatre lobby.
Member Benefits and Discounts
Members receive the following discounts:
- Free, unlimited exchanges within your membership level*
- Choose your dates now, or later
- Up to 45% regular ticket prices
- The Best Seats with the ability to keep your seats year-to-year
- Discounts to Behind-the-Scenes events and Special Presentations held throughout the year
- Discounts on food and drinks at Joe's Players Club and at the gift shop
- For the 2017-18 Season: 7, 8, 9, or 10 play packages receive one free ticket per membership and four half-price tickets (Discounted tickets cannot be purchased online. You must call the Box Office to purchased discounted or free tickets)
- For the 2018-19 Season: 9 play packages receive one free ticket per membership, four half-price anytime tickets, and four half-price guest reservations. (Discounted tickets cannot be purchased online. You must call the Box Office to purchased discounted or free tickets)
- For the 2018-19 Season: 7 and 8 play packages receive two half-price anytime tickets and four half-price guest reservations. (Discounted tickets cannot be purchased online. You must call the Box Office to purchased discounted or free tickets)
- For the 2018-19 Season: 3-6 play packages receive four half-price guest reservations. (Discounted tickets cannot be purchased online. You must call the Box Office to purchased discounted or free tickets)
* Members never pay the $10 per ticket change fee and can change their dates as often as they like. However an upgrade fee will be charged when a ticket for a performance from a lower priced package (Preview or Regular) is exchanged for a ticket to a performance from a higher priced package (Regular or Premium). The amount charged will be the pro-rated difference between the two performance prices. There are no refunds on exchanged tickets.
Terms and Conditions
Olney Theatre Center (OTC) operates our venues to make our performances widely accessible and available. We also operate in accordance with laws which regulate ticket sales for public benefit. To support OTC’s operations, the terms and policies below apply to ticket purchases and sales.
- Tickets may not be sold for more than face value. Limited exceptions for charitable events may be made, only with OTC’s prior consent.
- Fraudulent, misleading or other unlawful conduct in a ticket purchase or sale is a basis for legal enforcement. OTC reserves the right to provide authorities with account holder information, for investigation or prosecution of a ticket purchase or sale.
- Tickets purchased from a source other than OTC may be lost, stolen, fake, or otherwise violate our terms or policies. Such tickets will not be honored.
- Proposed purchases in excess of 10 tickets may be referred to the OTC Group Sales Department, and are subject to service fees and management approval.
- OTC may from time to time implement a ticket purchase limit per person, for a particular production or in another manner. The per person limit may be determined by credit card, IP address, email address, street address, or other method. In the event a person or organization purchases more than the limit, OTC may revoke and unsell all or part of the excess and issue a refund.
- OTC reserves the right to not sell a ticket to any person or organization if we have knowledge or reason to believe, by virtue of the buying process, the buyer’s behavior or for other reason, that the purchase is for resale or would otherwise violate OTC’s terms or policies or applicable laws. We also reserve the right to not honor a ticket that OTC knows or has reason to believe has been purchased in violation of our terms, policies or applicable laws.
- Ticket purchasers who violate the above terms or policies may have their tickets cancelled and accounts closed and future purchases refused. OTC will post updates to these terms and policies from time to time, and may supplement them for a particular performance. If you have any questions about our terms or policies or a ticket purchase, please call the OTC Box Office at 301-924-3400
By submitting your order you agree to these terms and conditions, which apply to all ticket orders facilitated by the OTC Box Office. Please note: Due to the nature of live theatrical bookings dates, titles, availability and prices subject to change at any time. Services fees apply to phone and internet purchases.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Exchanges
No cancellations or refunds. Verify all information (title, date, time, seat selection, etc.) before ordering. Orders are subject to approval.
Exchanges are available up to 48 hours prior to the ticketed performance time for members (free) and single ticket buyers ($10 per ticket fee). All exchanges need to pay the difference when exchanging from a less expensive performance to a more expensive performance.There are no exchanges on group tickets. Exchanges may be made between dates for a future show for which you currently hold tickets and are at the discretion of the OTC Box Office, subject to availability. No exchanges can be made following the performance date of your original ticket.
Ticket sales include a $2.25 Facility fee and a $2 Handling fee per ticket. Season memberships have a $10 handling fee. Fees may be waived on select events and ticket types.
Discounts are available to select productions with promotion codes. Restrictions apply.
(Note: OTC is not responsible for mail or email delivery delays or failure.)
Tickets purchased online and over the phone are available for pickup at the Box Office under Will Call. Those providing a valid email address will receive an email confirmation of their order. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender’s list to ensure delivery.
Season memberships will be mailed via USPS when the purchaser selects and pays the accompanying $3 delivery fee.
OTC does not mail single ticket purchases. All tickets are available for pickup at the Box Office window during regular Box Office hours (see above).