Manager of Individual Giving
Olney Theatre Center for the Arts has an exciting opportunity in our Development Department for a dynamic, creative, go-getting fundraising professional. Reporting to the Development Director, the Manager of Individual Giving will have primary responsibility for coordinating the organization’s annual giving efforts and manage a portfolio of small-gift donors. The Manager of Individual Giving will play a key role in a premiere arts organization and will be responsible for helping to significantly increase revenue.
The Manager of Individual Giving will:
- Set strategy and execute fundraising plans for sustaining and growing the number of annual donors and increasing gift amounts to meet annual fundraising goals
- Secure sponsors for each show/program, communicating with artists and ensuring fulfillment of sponsor benefits (in concert with Manager of Special Events and Donor Relations);
- Support Development Events (e.g., First Rehearsal Meet & Greet, Opening Night Reception) with focus on cultivation, stewardship, and post-event follow-up;
- Coordinate solicitations for annual appeals, including Winter, Giving Tuesday, Spring, Membership, among others, implementing strategies developed by Director of Development;
- In concert with the Associate Director of Development, lead new funder prospecting, including research, analysis of fit, and proposal writing;
- Develop and implement creative strategies to enhance the sponsorship program and introduce other programs that will attract new donors and inspire larger gifts from current donors.
In addition, the Manager of Individual Giving will:
- Support Manager of Special Events and Donor Relations to ensure events (e.g. First Rehearsal, Opening Night) deliver an exceptional donor experience;
- Participate in planning and staffing the annual Gala;
- Represent Olney Theatre Center as needed and participate in initiatives and events related to the Theatre’s mission
- Passion for performing arts a must;
- Minimum 1-3 years fundraising or similar experience, or a combination of education and professional experience;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to write persuasively on issues related to the performing arts and arts education
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels, to interact with donors, and to represent the Theatre with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Availability to work evening hours and weekends, as needed;
- Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising software is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
There are currently no part-time positions available.
Olney Theatre Center Institute Advanced Training Program
Each class of full-time apprenticeships plays an essential role in Olney Theatre Center (OTC) operations. Working in every department of production, apprenticeships will learn standards of professionalism while building their resumes and/or portfolios, making them more marketable to future employers.
OTC Apprenticeships offer emerging theatre artists a bridge between the university and the profession. The apprenticeship aims to develop each individual’s skill and knowledge of the professional theatre world through hands-on work in a professional theatre.
Apprenticeships work alongside production staff and directly with visiting directors and designers on various productions in a variety of spaces. From a one-man show performed in a black box to a full-scale, main stage musical, OTC produces a range of theatrical productions.
Each participant will explore his or her chosen discipline (lights, costumes, etc.) while exploring other interests within the theatre. However, acceptance of an apprenticeship requires a full-time commitment. Due to the variable and extended hours of the program and the nature of theatre work, outside employment is not possible.
Learn more about the program and available apprenticeships here.