One paradox of the nonprofit regional theatre working in a for-profit culture is that both of the following statements are true:
- STATEMENT A: High ticket prices are a major obstacle for many individuals and families
- STATEMENT B: Tickets sales do not cover all the expenses of a non-profit theatre
In acknowledgment of Statement A, you will find any of our currently available discounts below, and we encourage you to use those which apply to you.
In acknowledgment of Statement B, if you are able, consider supporting Olney Theatre with a tax-deductible donation. Your contribution allows us to prioritize access by keeping our prices down, offering discounts where possible, and providing free and deeply discounted tickets to area students.
Discounts That Are Always Available
- Student (under 18) and Senior (65+) discounts: $5 off. Select when purchasing.
- Group Discount: 15% off per ticket is automatically applied when you purchase 10 or more seats for a single performance. Groups of 20 or more can receive additional discounts by contacting our Group Sales office at 301.924.4485 x 121 Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Military, Disabled Veteran, and First Responders: $20 off tickets. Use the code MILITARY when purchasing online. Limit of 4 per purchase.
- Educators: 50% off tickets to performances on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings. Use the code TEACH when purchasing online. Limit of 4 per purchase.
- Student Rush Tickets: $20 tickets are available for purchase at the Box Office for students with valid IDs for same-day performances. Very often, tickets become available for sold-out or very-full shows after members exchange their seats or house seats are released. Call the Box Office to check for availability.
- First Time Free: Never been to Olney Theatre? You can get 4 free tickets to preview performances of one of our shows during the first three to five performances of a run. These tickets are usually available approximately 30 days in advance of the first performance. In order to qualify, you must be a new customer with no purchase or attendance history in our database. Enter the code 1stTimeFree when purchasing online. Limit 4 per household. Click here for a schedule of eligible performances and availability dates.
- The First Time Free window has opened for Fiddler on the Roof. New patrons who have never attended an Olney Theatre Center show can redeem four free tickets to preview performances between November 8 - 10 when they use the code 1stTimeFree. There is limited availability and you must be a 1st time patron to qualify.
Discounts listed on this page are subject to availability and may be changed or discontinued at any time. Those changes may precede updates to the information on this page. Discounts may not be combined. All sales are final.
All other usual terms and conditions of sale apply, including:
- Fraudulent, misleading, or other unlawful conduct in a ticket purchase or sale is a basis for legal enforcement. Olney Theatre reserves the right to provide authorities with account holder information, for investigation or prosecution of a ticket purchase or sale.
- Olney Theatre reserves the right to not sell a ticket to any person or organization if we have knowledge or reason to believe, by virtue of the buying process, the buyer’s behavior, or for other reason, that the purchase is for resale or would otherwise violate Olney Theatre's terms or policies or applicable laws. We also reserve the right to not honor a ticket that Olney Theatre knows or has reason to believe has been purchased in violation of our terms, policies, or applicable laws.
- Ticket purchasers who violate the above terms or policies may have their tickets canceled and accounts closed and future purchases refused.