This show is archived
Due to multiple breakthrough COVID cases in the ensemble of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, the remaining performances need to be canceled.
This is a heartbreaking outcome for our cast, crew, staff, and audiences who made this production such an important and impactful experience.
They all deserve a final standing ovation.
Scheduled performances of Hedwig and the Angry Inch will continue in the 1938 Original Theatre.
In the meantime, stay healthy, wear a mask, get vaxxed and boosted.
Affected patrons should contact the Box Office (301-924-3400) to explore their options.
Be our guest for the holidays as the classic animated story comes to life on the Olney Theatre Mainstage. It’s a tale as old as time, but it gets a new look from Tony-nominated director Marcia Milgrom Dodge (one of the featured professional directors on the Disney+ show Encore), who wowed Olney audiences with her Helen Hayes Award-nominated production of Once. Our biggest show of the year brings the whole family together for a magical and memorable musical about the redemptive power of love. Join Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and the rest of the gang in the Beast’s cursed castle for an escape to a world where beauty is more than skin deep and happily ever after is just a rose petal away.
Howard Ashman & Tim Rice
Music Direction by
Walter “Bobby” McCoy
Marcia Milgrom Dodge
Jessica Lauren BallMadame de la Grande Bouche
Jessica BennettEnsemble/US: Mrs. Potts
Iyona BlakeMrs. Potts
Selena Clyne-GalindoEnsemble/US: Belle
Erica Leigh HansenEnsemble/US: Wardrobe
Hailey Rebecca IbbersonBabette
Ariel MessecaEnsemble/US: Cogsworth
Connor James ReillyEnsemble/Enchantress/US: Gaston
Megan TatumEnsemble/US: Babette
Rick WesterkampEnsemble/US: LeFou
Michael WoodEnsemble/Monsieur D'Arque/US: Maurice & Lumiere
A Parent's Guide to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Press and Reviews
- The Washington Post: At Olney Theatre, casting ‘Beauty and the Beast’ with an eye to inclusion (Nov. 2, 2021)
- MSNBC: There's a new Belle in town — and she's shattering all kinds of princess beauty standards
- The Washington Post: Review | Olney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ succeeds with a Belle who brings complexity to the role
- PEOPLE.com: How This Beauty and the Beast Is Reflecting Real Life with 'Different Body Types and Ethnicities'
- NBC4 Washington: Olney Theatre Reimagines ‘Beauty And The Beast'
- MD Theatre Guide: Theatre Review: ‘Disney’s Beauty and the Beast’ at Olney Theatre Center
- DC Metro Theater Arts: Olney elevates 'Beauty and the Beast' to new and exciting heights - DC Metro Theater Arts
- Playbill: Take an Exclusive First Look at Beauty and the Beast at the Olney Theatre Center
- Washington City Paper: City Lights: A New Spin on Beauty and the Beast for a New World - WCP
- Metro Weekly: Evan Ruggiero gets beastly in 'Disney's Beauty and the Beast' at Olney
- Talkin' Broadway: Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- OurKids.com: Beauty and the Beast at Olney Theatre
Learn more on the blog
We're constantly adding new posts, videos, and photos to our blog about our shows that take you deeper into the content, behind the scenes with the artists, and invite your feedback. Follow us on Facebook to be updated when new posts go live.
- Video: Evan Ruggiero performs "If I Can't Love Her"
- Video: Jade Jones performs "Home"
- Quiz: What Enchanted Object Are You in the Beast's Castle?
- Designer Focus: Belle's Journey Through Her Costumes
- Video: Roundtable Discussion: The Beauty and the Beast Stars on "Beauty"
- Director's Perspective: An Interview with Marcia Milgrom Dodge
- The Original Fairytale
Health and Safety
Masks and proof of COVID vaccination are required at all performances. Patrons ages 5-11 who recently became eligible for the vaccine are not required to show proof of vaccination. Children, regardless of vaccination status, must be masked and accompanied by a vaccinated adult. At this time, we do not accept proof of a recent negative COVID test in lieu of vaccination.
Please note that seating in the Orchestra is at full capacity. Socially distanced seating is available in the Mezzanine at all performances.
Olney Theatre Center's mask and proof of vaccination requirements will remain in effect through January 2, 2022. We will share any changes to our policies on or after January 3, 2022.
Visit our Health and Safety page for our latest policies to keep you safe as we return to the stage!
Behind the Scenes Events
Held Monday, November 8, 2021
A virtual conversation
Casting Directors weighed in about what makes a body “beautiful” on stage and screen. Guests include Vickie Thomas from Vickie Thomas Casting (The Harder They Fall, Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood, Detroit, Hidden Figures), Geoff Josselson and Katja Zarolinski from JZ Casting (Broadway, off-Broadway, and regional theater), and José Carrasquillo (Director of Artistic Programming at Ford's Theatre).
Watch the video
Changing the Norm
You might also like
Disney's Beauty and The Beast
November 5 - January 2 2022