We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy quality theatre. Below are some of the ways we try to meet the needs of as many patrons as possible. Please reach out to us if you have concerns about your visit.
Assisted listening devices
For listening assistance during performances, our infrared system, which amplifies the sound on stage, is available free of charge. Please ask the house manager for assistance. (This service is not available on the third Wednesday evening of each production's run when Audio-described performances are occurring.)
Sign-interpretation is available for each Mainstage Production on the dates below. This service must be requested two weeks in advance and will only be provided if it is requested. Additional interpreted performances can be scheduled based on the availability of qualified interpreters and two weeks notice. Please email email@example.com to request this service.
Dates for Sign-interpreted performances during the 2019-20 Season:
- Singin' in the Rain: Thursday, December 5 at 8:00pm
- A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story of Christmas: Thursday, December 26 at 3:00pm
- Miss You Like Hell: Thursday, February 20 at 8:00pm
- The Amateurs: Thursday, March 26 at 7:45pm
- The Humans: Thursday, April 23 at 8:00pm
- Pippin: Thursday, July 2 at 8:00pm
Audio-described performances are offered on the dates below. This service must be requested two weeks in advance and will only be provided if it is requested. Audience members may enjoy free broadcast pre-show program notes and descriptions of the action, scenery and costumes during pauses in the dialogue from any seat in the theater. The Metropolitan Washington Ear provides this service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this service.
Dates for Audio-described performances during the 2019-20 Season:
- Singin' in the Rain: Wednesday, December 11 at 8:00pm
- A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story of Christmas: Wednesday, December 18 at 7:45pm
- Miss You Like Hell: Wednesday, February 12 at 8:00pm
- The Amateurs: Wednesday, March 18 at 7:45pm
- The Humans: Wednesday, April 15 at 8:00pm
- Pippin: Wednesday, June 24 at 8:00pm
Olney Theatre Center is committed to providing accessible theater to everyone. Visit this page for dates and more information. If you or someone in your family would like to attend a sensory-friendly performance, please contact our box office to purchase tickets.