In accordance with the actions taken by Governor Hogan prohibiting public events of more than 250 people, we have canceled the Season Announcement event scheduled for Saturday, March 14. While this is a disappointment, we are planning on sending members information and renewal forms for our 2020-2021 season this weekend, along with a special video from Jason Loewith and the Olney staff introducing the 7 member shows (plus other big surprises).
Performances of The Amateurs will continue as scheduled through the weekend in the 150-seat Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab. We will reassess the situation on Monday and make the best decision we can for our audience, artists and staff.
In the meantime we wanted to make sure you are aware of some precautions we will be taking to ensure everyone's safety.
- As we shared previously, we have relaxed our exchange policy. Tickets may be exchanged for credit to put towards future productions. If you have reason to stay home, we encourage you to make the healthiest decision for yourself. Please contact our Box Office (301-924-3400).
- As luck would have it, long-ordered new chairs for the Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab arrived this week and have been installed. In addition to be being more comfortable, they are easier to clean, and our staff has been sanitizing them between performances.
- We are limiting the house size to significantly less than the capacity 150 seats for all remaining performances of The Amateurs in an effort to encourage social distancing. Houses of more than 100 seats sold are now sold out, and all future houses will be limited to 100 seats.
- To discourage crowding, the lobby to the Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab will be closed until the house is open for seating. Exceptions will be made for those with difficulty standing or walking.
- Ushers will wear gloves and hand sanitizer is available in the lobby.
- Ushers will not personally hand out programs, but instead, programs will be left on the seat backs.
- We have suspended recycling of programs until further notice.
- We will continue to assess the situation and make decisions as events require.
Thank you for your support and understanding during this unprecedented time of challenges for all of us.