Box Office Associate
Olney Theatre Center is looking for energetic, enthusiastic and customer service-oriented individuals to join our box office team selling over 100,000 tickets a year and serve as a key point of contact between Olney Theatre Center and its audience. Excellent people-skills are essential and you must be comfortable with computers and precise with data entry. Knowledge of Tessitura or another CRM (Salesforce, Spektrix, Convio) is a plus but not essential. You must be available to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends depending upon show schedule. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve our customers both in-person at the Box Office window and via phone to sell tickets, assist members exchanging tickets in their packages and provide all information about show schedules, ticket prices and planning a visit to Olney Theatre Center. The ideal candidate will also pro-actively present “up-sell” options to patrons to provide them with the best service and the best deals for repeat trips to Olney Theatre.
- Assist Box Office Supervisor with processing season ticket memberships as well as manning our membership table during select performances.
- Serve patrons at the will-call window prior to performances and work with the Box Office Supervisor and House Manager to trouble-shoot customer issues and complaints.
- Monitor and reconcile all cash drawers at end of shift.
- Assist Box Office Supervisor to prepare seating manifests for all venues and update all information for various promotional events.
- Ensure compliance with all ticket sales policies and procedures while demonstrating the highest levels of customer service.
- Be a collaborative teammate to other Olney Theatre Center employees to ensure a safe and supportive work environment free from bullying and any form of sexual harassment as outlined in the employee handbook.
Email email@example.com with resume and cover letter to apply. No phone calls.