“Willkommen! And bienvenue!” to Kander and Ebb’s Tony-winning Cabaret, where the world burns brightly with desire and debauchery. In 1929 Berlin, Cliff arrives to work on his novel but finds himself swept up in the life of the cabaret with its bawdy Emcee, and swept away by the performer and provocateur Sally Bowles. Bunked together at Fräulein Schneider’s boarding house, their impossible affair bumps up against the threatened love between their landlord and a Jewish fruit seller. From the opening notes of “Willkommen” through the title song and such classics as “Don’t Tell Mama” and “Money,” Cabaret delivers a raw theatrical experience on a knife’s edge between unbridled sexuality and looming disaster. Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Associate Artistic Director Alan Paul (Camelot, Kiss Me Kate) makes his OTC debut.
Cabaret is sponsored in part by our Principal Production Sponsor: Bernard Family Foundation.
Based on the play by
John Van Druten
Based on stories by
Music Direction by
Sit onstage for Cabaret
Our set design for Cabaret includes room for a limited number of audience members to sit onstage at every performance. Sit in the Kit Kat Klub at cocktail tables as close to the action as it gets. These special seats are in short supply and will go quickly!
Jessica Lauren BallFrauline Kost
Mitchell HébertHerr Schultz
Donna MigliaccioFraulein Schneider
Mason Alexander ParkEmcee
Connor James ReillyEnsemble
Alexandra SilberSally Bowles
Christopher YoustraMusic Director
Wilson ChinScenic Designer
Colin K. BillsLighting Designer
Kendra RaiCostume Designer
Matt RoweSound Designer
Ali PohankaWig Designer
Zach CampionDialect Coach
John Keith HallProduction Stage Manager
Madison BahrAssistant Stage Manager
- Washington Post: In this Kit Kat Klub, there’s a little less sleaze but just enough sizzle
- DC Metro Theater Arts: Olney Theatre Center’s ‘Cabaret’ Is Among the Show’s Best Productions
- OUTspoken: With 'Cabaret' at Olney, Even the Orchestra is Beautiful
- Broadway World Baltimore: Cabaret at Olney Theatre Center
- MD Theatre Guide: 'Cabaret' at Olney Theatre Center
- The Georgetowner: A Pertinent, Impertinent 'Cabaret' in Olney
- Prince George's Sentinel: An elegant and educational 'Cabaret' in Olney
- Metro Weekly: DC Theater Review: Cabaret at Olney Theatre
- Broadway World DC: Cabaret at Olney Theatre Center is Extraordinary!
- Montgomery Sentinel: ‘Cabaret’ performance examines Berlin’s response to rise of Nazis
Night at the Movies: Chicago (2002)
Friday, September 27 at 8:15pm • Free
Join us and sing along to the satire about crime, greed, and sex from the creators of Cabaret. As anyone who watched the Fosse/Verdon series on FX knows, Chicago was a passion project for Gwen Verdon and Bob Fosse who re-teamed with Kander and Ebb to create the musical. Though the original met with mixed reviews on Broadway, the 1996 revival was a hit that is still running. Its success spawned this star-studded 2002 film directed by Rob Marshall and was the recipient of six Oscars including Best Picture.