A virtual, long-running Open Call. We are not casting for specific shows currently, but are eager to use this time to deepen our relationships with and knowledge of the DMV (DC/MD/VA) acting pool for as soon as we can begin casting again. This is for both AEA and Non-AEA actors. Please see the details below.
FEBRUARY 25 UPDATE:
All added time slots up to the extended date, April 9, have now been filled. If you are just now seeing this call and would still like to be seen, please email Associate Artistic Director/Casting Director Jenna Duncan for any open slots that may have come available.
February 8 - March 12
During this time frame, slots will be held at the following times (please see a list of date and time slots broken down in the submission section below for your convenience):
- between 10am and 12pm every Monday and Friday
- between 4pm and 6pm every Monday and Friday
- between 7pm and 9pm every Wednesday
Some weekend slots will be held for those who are unable to attend on weekdays. Those will be:
- Saturday, Feb 20 and Saturday, Feb 27 between 2pm and 5pm
- **ADDED: Saturday March 6 between 2pm and 5pm**
Slots will be 15 minutes to allow for getting to work on your material together and getting to know you as an artist beyond your two-minute monologue.
If you need an ASL interpreter we will provide one. Please let Jenna know in your submission.
(In "the room": Associate Artistic Director/Casting Director Jenna Duncan (she/her))
LOCAL DC-AREA ACTORS:
- This is intended to enhance relationships with the community of actors who live and work in the DC area. (If you are based somewhere else but you think you can stay with a friend, that’s great, but please don’t come to this. You can always submit for a season when we announce!)
ACTORS WE DON’T KNOW YET:
- Are you new to OTC? New to the DMV area? GREAT! Please come to this!
ACTORS WE KNOW, DOING THINGS WE HAVEN’T SEEN YET:
- Have you worked at OTC a ton in musicals but have never been seen for play? Have you always been seen for drama but you know you’re a great comedy actor? That’s awesome. We might not know that! Come play with that material.
OTC is not interested in limiting participation in this call. There are 224 slots total. If we need to add more, we’ll add them. Use the slots and spread the word about them.
Please email Associate Artistic Director/Casting Director Jenna Duncan (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit for an audition slot. Please include your headshot/resume, the dates/times you are able to be seen (please choose from the list below), and why you are submitting (i.e. are you brand new to the area, have you been here forever and have never crossed paths with Olney, do you want Jenna to see you do something totally different, etc).
If you are unable to submit a headshot/resume, that is not a barrier. Please include a bit about yourself and why you’d like to be seen instead.
If you cannot make any of the times listed, please submit and let me know the situation. We’ll figure out a time!
DATES/TIMES - Most of these slots have been filled. Please refer to the February 9 update above.
Mon Feb 8 - 10am-12pm
Mon Feb 8 - 4pm-6pm
Wed Feb 10 - 7pm-9pm
Fri Feb 12 - 10am-12pm
Fri Feb 12 - 4pm-6pm
Mon Feb 15 - 10am-12pm
Mon Feb 15 - 4pm-6pm
Wed Feb 17 - 7pm-9pm
Fri Feb 19 - 10am-12pm
Fri Feb 19 - 4pm-6pm
Sat Feb 20 - 2pm-5pm
Mon Feb 22 - 10am-12pm
Mon Feb 22 - 4pm-6pm
Wed Feb 24 - 7pm-9pm
Fri Feb 26 - 10am-12pm
Fri Feb 26 - 4pm-6pm
Sat Feb 27 - 2pm-5pm
Mon Mar 1 - 10am-12pm
Mon Mar 1 - 4pm-6pm
Wed Mar 3 - 7pm-9pm
Fri Mar 5 - 10am-12pm
Fri Mar 5 - 4pm-6pm
Sat Mar 6 - 2pm-5pm
Mon Mar 8 - 10am-12pm
Mon Mar 8 - 4pm-6pm
Wed Mar 10 - 7pm-9pm
Fri Mar 12 - 10am-12pm
Fri Mar 12 - 4pm-6pm
Please prepare two minutes of whatever you’d like to show. This can be a minute monologue and a minute song (we won’t have an accompanist over zoom but you are welcome to use a track), it can be two minutes of one or the other, it can be a minute of your poetry, a minute of a song you wrote yourself, a minute of you clowning, whatever you feel best shows YOU. We’ll play together with the material you bring (these slots are longer to allow for building relationships with you as an artist as well as seeing your work).
PAY SCALE FOR OUR WORK
OTC is a COST Tier 1 AEA Theater. This means our payments are as listed below:
- AEA: Between $750 and $850/wk.
- NON: $400/wk
- AEA: Between $600 and $750/wk
- NON: $400/wk
VANGUARD ARTS WORKSHOPS:
- AEA and NON: $570/wk
- AEA: $122 per day
- NON: $250/wk
- We sometimes cast for readings or other things, and those payments vary.
- We pay audition readers $13.25/hr.
- We hire artists for our National Players Tour.
Please contact Jenna Duncan at email@example.com