POSITION: HR/Finance Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Olney, MD (currently remote due to COVID-19)
The HR/Accounting Manager is an administrative position within the Finance Department reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Director of Finance. Primary responsibilities include human resource management, financial management, and administrative support.
Core functional areas and responsibilities include:
- Human Resources
- Review and update forms and documents to conform to annual changes in laws and rates as needed
- Keep up with HR best practices - in particular those that relate to BIPOC individuals and arts workers - and relay information as needed to appropriate staff
- Receive and process employee concerns and complaints as guided by the Employee Handbook and Anti-Harassment Policy, in conjunction with the BIPOC Artist Advocate as appropriate.
- Update Employee Handbook as needed
- Assist full-time staff with benefits, time-tracking, and payroll
- Maintain Human Resources files for all employees, including hard copy and electronic files
- Set up employee training for internal systems
- Conduct onboarding and exit interviews
- Process onborarding paperwork for and welcome up to 30 artists 9-10 times per year
- Coordinate hiring of new staff among all departments
- Report all Worker’s Compensation claims
- Manage Staff Development budget.
- Manage open payables filing
- Communicate with vendors as needed
- Enter invoices into QuickBooks
- Input credit card transactions to QuickBooks
- Match checks to invoices; mail and distribute in-house checks as required
- Scan and file paid invoices
- Payroll Administration through ADP WorkforceNow
- Pull back-up documentation for annual audit
- Other accounting support as needed
- Administrative Support
- Serve as point of contact for office equipment contracts
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory
- Oversee tidiness of common work areas (copier, postage machine, supply closet, etc.)
- Serve as point of contact for brokers of organization insurance policies including but not limited to health, life, disability, and Worker’s Compensation insurance
- Experience - Two years of experience in human resources, benefits administration, payroll, finance, or related field. Experience with ADP WorkforceNow, QuickBooks, and Google Workplace is preferred. General interest in the arts is also preferred.
- Cross-cultural competency is a must - OTC is proud if it’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. As such, this position requires experience with and sensitivity to employees and contractors from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Physical requirements - the position requires use of a computer for extended periods of time.
- Time Requirements - Full-time, Monday-Friday. Daytime schedule is generally flexible.
Compensation: $55,000 per year plus benefits including vacation, health insurance, retirement match, optional vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance.
Application Instructions: Please submit resume and cover letter to Fred T. Paul, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Applications received prior to April 11, 2021 will receive priority review. Olney Theatre Center is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. This position will not be filled unless at least 33% of qualified finalist candidates are people of color. Visit olneytheatre.org to learn about our mission, vision, and values and our commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
Hiring Process: All resumes will be received by the General Manager and distributed to the Hiring Committee made up of current staff members. The Committee will select top candidates for first round phone screens. The Committee will meet and discuss phone screens, and identify top candidates for interviews with the full committee. An offer is expected to be made mid-May.
Anticipated Start Date: June 7, 2021.