POSITION: Front House Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part Time-Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Patron Services Manager
Olney Theatre Center for the Arts, an award-winning, four-stage, non-profit leading regional theater in the vibrant Baltimore/Washington, DC region, seeks candidates to serve as part-time Front-of-House Manager. Reporting to the Patron Services Manager or his/her/their designee, this position requires 10-30 hours per week during performances and events, including evening and weekend shifts, as well as occasional daytime shifts and holidays. Outstanding customer service and management skills, enthusiasm for live performance, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are required. Olney Theatre Center is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for patrons attending live performances and events
- In concert with Patron Services Manager, manage and train assistant and junior house managers and concessions staff
- Ensure patron safety and the overall patron experience
- Manage and support volunteer ushers
- Manage and supervise Concessions and Gift Shop, including alcohol and food, and set-up/ breakdown of remote bars
- Prepare and maintain public spaces for public use, including oversight of restrooms, lobbies, and exterior entryways
- Support other departments with public-facing events, including, but not limited to, donor events, board meetings, and community engagement activities
- Demonstrate OTC’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Commitment to Social Justice and Anti-Racism (see www.olneytheatre.org)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, listening, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing others
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with shifting priorities
- Previous experience with patron services or related field (i.e. hospitality, stage management) is preferred
- Positive attitude and willingness to serve and engage with patrons
- Desire to work as part of a team
- Reliable and punctual
- Cash handling experience and computer literacy
- Willing to earn and maintain certification in first aid, CPR, and alcohol awareness. (Olney Theatre Center will provide and pay for these certifications)
- Point of Sales (POS) experience is preferred. Product knowledge in beer, wine, alcohol, and food service is helpful, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years old of age.
- Covid-19 vaccinations are required for all employees of Olney Theatre Center for the Arts.
• Front of House Managers are paid hourly and work hours depending on their availability and the Theater's schedule.
• Starting wage is $18.00 per hour
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to Ldiaz@olneytheatre.org
• Cover letter and resume
• Please explore our mission and values prior to applying