Front of House Associate
Olney Theatre Center, an AEA COST theater with four performance facilities producing a ten-play season plus special events, seeks part-time Front-of-House Associates. This position will work 10-30 hours per week during shows, both weeknights and weekend shifts, as well as occasional weekday shifts and holidays. One must have great customer service skills and a dedication to the service of the theatre and its patrons.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front of House Sales: Set up, operate, and close up the gift shop, concessions, and alcohol sales for the theatre during performances. This can include the set-up and breakdown of remote bars, serving beverages, and concessions.
- Customer Service: Assist House Management staff in creating a safe and welcoming environment at the Olney Theatre Center, providing hands-on assistance as necessary/requested. Ensuring patron safety in the event of an emergency in accordance with company procedure.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all public spaces. This includes but is not limited to theatres, lobbies, dressing rooms, and bathrooms.
- Collaborating with House Managers, reporting safety or facilities issues or patron concerns.
- Occasional work with the development team.
- Cheerful attitude and evident willingness to serve and engage with theater patrons.
- Excellent listening, problem-solving, and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience in customer service roles preferred.
- Cash handling experience and computer literacy.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Fully vaccinated
- Available year-round
- Reliable transportation
- Product knowledge of beer, wine, and food service encouraged
- Starting wage is $16.00 per hour for individuals over the age of 18 (Individuals ages 14-17 may inquire about opportunities for Junior House Associates)
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief statement of interest or cover letter.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- The name, phone number, and email address of one personal and one professional reference.
- Please explore our mission and values prior to applying.