POSITION: Company Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
Olney Theatre Center is seeking a Company Manager to join the Production team. Olney Theatre Center for the Arts produces and curates theatrical performance for the diverse audiences in our community, and educates, learns from, supports and inspires a more inclusive generation of theater-makers. Olney Theatre Center produces nine shows as part of their Main Stage season along with the National Players Tour and additional Curated Events. The Company Manager will report directly to the Director of Production. The successful candidate will join a growing regional theatre that emphasizes artistic rigor, prioritizes equity, diversity and inclusion, and places collaboration at the center of our work.
As part of a welcoming and creative organization the Company Manager will:
- Coordinate travel for artists and staff
- Provide hospitality during tech week and for internal events
- Oversee payroll for production departments
- Facilitate resident room turnovers and housing assignments at two theater-owned locations
- Oversee company car fleet and facilitate repairs
- Participate in regular Facilities and Safety Committee meetings
- Oversee yearly and show-specific budgets, including tracking and reconciliation
SKILLS AND VALUES REQUIRED:
- Investment in OTC’s Mission, Vision and Values, and its Statement on Social Justice and Becoming Anti-Racist.
- Be highly collaborative, maintain a positive outlook, and demonstrate leadership and prioritization skills.
- Be empathetic toward all peoples and situations, and be comfortable handling sensitive/confidential information with tact
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in hospitality, office management, or the customer service field
- Be comfortable handling conflict and maintaining professionalism
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite. Tech savvy is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver's license
SALARY AND START DATE:
Anticipated start date is September 1, 2022. Compensation and benefits: Annual Salary of $40,000, Health Insurance, paid vacation, life insurance, FSA, 403B
ABOUT OLNEY THEATRE CENTER
Located ten miles north of Washington, DC in arts-rich Montgomery County, Maryland, Olney Theatre Center is one of the Washington region's most critically acclaimed large theater companies. Founded in 1938 as a summer stock company on the Straw Hat circuit, OTC is now an $8M/year professional regional theater offering nine member productions annually in three spaces on its fourteen-acre campus. Legendary performers Tallulah Bankhead, Helen Hayes, Sir Ian McKellen, Tandy & Cronyn, and Olivia de Havilland trod the boards in the early days. With a more recent turn towards new work, creatives with Tony and Grammy Awards, OBIEs, and MacArthur Genius Grants have premiered their work here, like Moises Kaufman and Sergio Trujillo, among others. Along with Baltimore's Centerstage, Olney Theatre Center is one of Maryland's two state-designated theaters. After the pandemic, OTC’s return to programming will feature more interdisciplinary work – music and dance series, spoken word, and other kinds of performance – alongside its regular slate of plays and musicals.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit by any means that you would like (letter, video, video letter, resume, portfolio, etc.) that best represents you and your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, no calls please. Include and highlight any skills or experiences you think would be most crucial to this position. Depending on the volume of responses we may only be able to respond to candidates we wish to interview.
August 9, 2022