Position: Box Office Sales Supervisor
Supervisor: Box Office Manager
Description: The Box Office Sales Supervisor is the team leader and supervisor for
Box Office Sales Associates and operations. They model superior customer service
and seamless problem-solving to ensure an exceptional patron experience.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Supervisor is responsible for
the Sales Associates and is a primary public-facing employee. They are an integral
part of the Sales and Patrons Experience department and work in concert with the
Front of House staff.
The Box office Supervisor will:
- Open/close the Box Office.
- Supervise the work of Box Office Associates to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Monitor and assign cash drawers to associates at the start of each workday.
- Train new Box Office Associates.
- Assist patrons with membership, ticket sales, and exchanges.
- Answer patrons' inquiries by email and over the phone.
- Solve seating and ticketing issues.
- Process ticket donation and comps requests.
- Process third-party ticket sales on Tessitura.
- Carry out each shows manifest and seating map and deliver them to the House Manager.
- Assist the House Manager during the first half of the show.
- Attend Box Office meetings.
- Maintain proper relationships with the Tessitura PRAC support desk.
- Make sure the Box Office is clean and organized.
- Change the box office phone messages and timers.
- Help associates answer phones during busy days.
- Assist the Box Office Manager in most areas of box office management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Three years of experience supervising staff.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Great organizational skills.
- Great conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills.
- High School Diploma, Associate or bachelor's degree.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the Tessitura ticketing application is a plus.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter to apply. No phone calls.