|Directed by||Halena Kays|
ABOUT THE SHOW
2015 Helen Hayes Award-winner Andrew Hinderaker (Colossal) returns to Olney with his newest play, another remarkable story that combines vivid theatricality, profound emotions and in this case, a touch of true theater magic. Brett Schneider plays a talented magician who has risen to the top by maintaining absolute control over his performances - as well as his love life. But when his lover forces him to confront his fears, along with his washed-up magician father, his act might never be the same. Watch as card houses fall apart and reassemble, hearts transform into clubs, and prepare to be amazed again as Hinderaker weaves a magical spell that ends in a secret and powerful testament to the profundity of performance and hope.
THE MAGIC PLAY is recommended for ages 16+ for mature themes, strong language and intimate situations. It is not a magic show appropriate for children.
- WASHINGTON POST: Dramatic tricks abound in the new 'Magic Play'
- MD THEATRE GUIDE: 'The Magic Play' at Olney Theatre Center
- DC METRO THEATER ARTS: 'The Magic Play' at Olney Theatre Center
- DC THEATRE SCENE: The Magic Play has real tricks up its sleeve, and a real point to make about us
- METRO WEEKLY: Olney's 'The Magic Play': Slick entertainment and heartfelt storytelling
- CULTURESPOT MC: The Gift of the Magic