Music Directors, Conductors, and Keyboardists
Front of House Associate Position
Olney Theatre Center, an AEA COST theater with four performance facilities producing an eight-play season plus special events, seeks part-time Front-of-House Associates. This position will work 10-20 hours per week during shows, both weeknights and weekend shifts, as well as occasional weekday shifts and holidays. One must have great customer service skills, and a dedication to service of the theatre and its patrons.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Front-of-House Sales: Setup, operate, and close up the gift shop, concessions, and alcohol sales for the theatre during performances
- Customer Service: Assist House Management staff in creating a safe and welcoming environment at the Olney Theatre Center, providing hands-on assistance as necessary / requested
- Maintain the cleanliness of public spaces, backstage areas, and artist residencies. This includes but is not limited to: theatres, lobbies, dressing rooms, and bathrooms
- Minimum one (1) year customer service experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong and proven customer service skills
- Cash handling experience
- Computer literate
- Ability to multitask and to work well under pressure
- Experience with performing arts organizations and/or restaurant and hospitality experience preferred
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and must have, or be currently pursuing a high school diploma or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- The name, phone number and email address of one professional reference
- The name, phone number and email address of one personal reference
- A brief statement of interest
Each class of full-time apprenticeships plays an essential role in Olney Theatre Center (OTC) operations. Working in every department of production, apprenticeships will learn standards of professionalism while building their resumes and/or portfolios, making them more marketable to future employers.
OTC Apprenticeships offer emerging theatre artists a bridge between the university and the profession. The apprenticeship aims to develop each individual’s skill and knowledge of the professional theatre world through hands-on work in a professional theatre.
Apprenticeships work alongside production staff and directly with visiting directors and designers on various productions in a variety of spaces. From a one-man show performed in a black box to a full-scale, main stage musical, OTC produces a range of theatrical productions.
Each participant will explore his or her chosen discipline (lights, costumes, etc.) while exploring other interests within the theatre. However, acceptance of an apprenticeship requires a full-time commitment. Due to the variable and extended hours of the program and the nature of theatre work, outside employment is not possible.
Learn more about the program and available apprenticeships here.
Olney Theatre Center
Olney Theatre Center is a professional, award-winning regional theater, and operates under an Actors' Equity Association Council of Stock Theaters (COST) contract and casts primarily from actors who are based in the Washington, D.C./Baltimore area.
Celebrating their 68th season, National Players is "America's Longest Running Touring Company." National Players tours from mid-September to mid-May with three shows in repertory, which may perform together or separately.
If you are interested in auditioning for National Players, you must be a non-equity actor who has completed a post-high school academic experience (i.e. college degree or certificate program). More information about National Players auditions can be found here.
Olney Theatre Center does not accept unsolicited manuscripts.