Located just north of Washington, D.C. in arts-rich Montgomery County, Maryland, Olney Theatre Center offers a diverse array of professional productions year-round that enrich, nurture and challenge a broad range of artists, audiences and students. One of two state theaters of Maryland, Olney Theatre Center is situated on 14 acres in the heart of the beautiful Washington-Baltimore-Frederick "triangle," within easy access of all three cities.
A professional, award-winning regional theater, Olney Theatre Center operates under an Actors' Equity Association Council of Stock Theaters (COST) contract, one of only two theaters in the country to operate under such a contract.
Olney Theatre produces and presents extraordinary theater and performance on its four-theater campus for an ever-more diverse set of audiences in our community, and educates the next generation of theatermakers to follow in our footsteps.
We strive every day to unleash the creative potential of our artists and audiences, and in so doing, become Maryland’s premier center for theater performance and education.
- We demand artistic rigor and professionalism in each work we produce and present.
- We believe a strong institution enables artistic risk.
- We believe Olney's future is made stronger by building creatively on its past.
- We believe arts education plays an essential role in our nation's cultural health.
- We believe Olney Theatre Center plays a vital role in the cultural fabric of our community.